ONE-DAY: Scuba Diving Adventure
Be one of the first to experience Calypso Cruises new tour: Scuba Diving Adventure.
Transportation is provided directly from your hotel in San José, Jáco or Manuel Antonio to our dock in Puntarenas, where you will board Calypso Cruises yacht catamaran Manta Raya.
After a relaxing cruises to Tortuga Island Costa Rica. You will be met by a PADI certified diving instructor and begin your Scuba Diving Adventure.
The Central Pacific Ocean of Costa Rica is home to many different reefs. The majority of reefs are made of volcanic and coral formations with depths ranging between 8 to 35 meters (25 - 115 feet). There are several dive sites behind and close to Tortuga Island Costa Rica. The site will be determined by the currents and visibility.
There is an amazing variety of tropical fish such as: Blue Spotted Jacks, several species of moray eel, Manta Rays, Spotted Eagle Rays, Puffer fish and many others.
The temperature of the water varies between 24 and 26 degrees Celsius (78°-82°) with a visibility ranging from 5 to 30 meters (16- 100 feet) depending on the season. Tortuga Island Costa Rica is famous for its excellent visibility and large variety of fish and corals.
- What to take
CALYPSO's complete One-Day-Vacation is a tour-de-force of all that's magical about Costa Rica and is necessary before one can claim to have fully explored COSTA RICA.
Quality Beyond Expectations:
1. Comfortable bus transportation with A/C.
2. Bilingual guides, ICT certified (ICT - Costa Rican Tourism Institute).
3. Departure from our private dock after enjoying a hot typical Costa Rican breakfast served in Calypso's restaurant.
4. Cruise the beautiful Gulf of Nicoya to Tortuga Island onboard Calypso’s catamaran Manta Raya in ONLY 90 minutes.
5. Delicious tropical fruits served on board Manta Raya.
6. A four course gourmet lunch is served on tables each set with white linen under the shade of umbrellas and giant parachutes for a “Casual Elegant” dining experience.
7. Live music, Marimba Trio (the musical instrument unique to Costa Rica).
8. Guaranteed 5 HOURS on Tortuga Island.
9. Unlimited soft drinks and fruit juice, beach chairs, hammocks, volley ball court and slack line.
10. Calypso’s Bar serves tropical drink favorites at reasonable prices on board Manta Raya and at Tortuga Island.
11. Calypso’s bathrooms - Private for our passengers only.
12. TOUR OF DISCOVERY - An afternoon cruise of exploration around 7 islands in the Gulf of Nicoya.
13. 'Snap Shots' of our passengers are taken during the day and posted on Calypso’s websites & Facebook with easy download. This service is unique to Calypso.
When on a Calypso Cruise it is important to remember to bring with you the necessary items you will need for an enjoyable trip. Below is a list of suggested items.
- Casual clothes,
- Bathing suit or shorts,
- Sunblock and hat,
- Sunglasses and Camera,
- Tight fitting hat,
- Light weight long sleeved shirt,
- Rubber sandals, tennis or boat shoes,
- Don't forget to pack towels,
- Extra Cash for: alcoholic beverages, optional tours, souvenirs, tips.
* High healed or hard soled shoes are not permitted on board the yacht.
• DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING:
Complete dive packages are available; including an opportunity for those who are diving for their first time or for anyone who is uncertified and would like to have the experience of diving in Costa Rica.
• FOR CERTIFIED DIVERS:
- 1 tank dive at Tortuga Island,
- All equipment,
- Licensed PADI Instrutor.