4 to 5 hours of fishing.
1. Comfortable bus transportation with A/C.
2. Bilingual guides, ICT certified (ICT - Costa Rican Tourism Institute).
3. Departure from our private dock after enjoying a hot typical Costa Rican breakfast served in Calypso's restaurant.
4. Delicious tropical fruits served on board Manta Raya.
5. Picnic lunch and Calypso's Award Winning Ceviche.
6. Unlimited soft drinks and fruit juice, beach chairs, hammocks, trails and kayaks.
7. Calypso’s Bar serves tropical drink favorites at reasonable prices on board Manta Raya and at Punta Coral.
8. Gulf Islands Tour and Sunset Tour - An afternoon cruise of exploration around 7 islands in the Gulf of Nicoya.
Experience Calypso Cruises new 'In-Shore Fishing Adventure' with transportation from your hotel in San José, Jáco or Manuel Antonio and be back the same night.
Enjoy a relaxing ride on the famous Catamaran 'Manta Raya' from Calypso's dock in Puntarenas to the Private Reserve Punta Coral, where you will meet your Captain to begin your sports fishing excursion.
Enjoy fishing around the local islands aboard the 25 ft. Mono Congo in search of Costa Rica’s exciting game fish. The closest fishing grounds are only 5 minutes away from Punta Coral offering you more time to fish. The Punta Coral area has several islands with various reefs and a good current. This provides the perfect hunting grounds for a variety of game fish. The main target is the hard hitting and great fighting Roosterfish. You will also fish for Red Snapper, Grouper, Pacific Sierra Mackerel, Jack Crevalle, Skipjack Tuna and Crocodile Needlefish. If weather and tide permit, it is possible to go a little further out to blue water to fish for Dorado (Mahi Mahi) and with luck maybe a Wahoo. All of these fish are available year around but there are seasonal variations.
Captain Thomas, owner of Bahia Rica Adventures, is also a marine biologist with fishing experience from the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. He will take you to the best spots in the area. The fishing is varied depending on the season and species. Captain Thomas uses live bait, trolls Rapalas with Ballyhoo and plastic squid and throws Poppers. There are opportunities for really big fish in the area. Captain Thomas and the Mono Congo have 1 world record to date. While fishing, there is also the possibility of seeing other sea animals on the trip such as Ridley and Leatherback Sea Turtles, Humpback Whales, Dolphins and Manta Rays.
The Mono Congo uses only the best equipment to make sure there is never a worry about equipment failure. They mostly use a variety of Shimano equipment from trolling to spinning gear depending on the fishing we are doing.
When on a Calypso Cruise it is important to remember to bring with you the necessary items you will need for an enjoyable trip. Below is a list of suggested items.
* High healed or hard soled shoes are not permitted on board yacht.
Calypso Cruises is the best choice and a better value because we include
3 Tours in 1 day
1. Tortuga Island Tour • 2. Gulf Islands Tour • 3. Sunset Tour
plus more amenities than any other tour to Tortuga Island
THE JOURNEY IS THE DESTINATION
CALYPSO CRUISES pioneered and created the Tortuga Island Cruise in 1975.
CALYPSO's complete One-Day-Vacation is a tour-de-force of all that's magical about Costa Rica and is necessary before one can claim to have fully explored COSTA RICA.
• Awards Calypso
• Calypso History
• Bar Service
• David's Impossibly Big Project
• Gourmet Dining
• Mission Statement
• Live Webcam
• Sustainable Tourism
• Tour of Discovery